Cool little crab....(pics and vid)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
So i got this guy dirt cheap at the LFS he was hidden didn't have anything on him except some small pieces of substrate he was bright orange. He's put everything on him but he has left my corals alone. He only took on daisy polyp and put it on him....he's got some codium macro on him, romaine, even some silverside skeletons lol. Cool little guy...you can see his eye small little black slits in the front..cool little decorator crab.

little vid to follow

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Everything I read says they're NOT reef safe. They prey sessile or slow-moving inverts like crabs, clams and feather dusters and they often tear off pieces of corals to help camouflage themselves. Certainly not something I would put in my tank. Even though it does look cute!!

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
Just yesterday mine pinched my anemone, my feather duster, my gorgonia...he's a rambunctious little dude. He cut off pieces of sponge to attach to himself...I don't mind that but I wish he'd leave the others alone!

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
if i notice he's munchin on my CUC he's going back....i just fragged my daisy's and now he's covered which looks really cool but they better give me more of an instore credit!! He's buddied up with my goby though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store