Coral Collecting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Miss my puffer

AC Members
Oct 26, 2003
michigan
Visit site
Yeah I ran myself in the hole so I just bought the fixture to get me by for the first year then I bought the ballast and light later when I had the money. I am going to do the same for my 150 gal. when I get back to work (if I get to go back to work, I hate being laid off). I found that it is cheaper to buy the fixture then upgrade it later then go and buy a decent one from places like dfs or marine depot (the fixture I am going to get is going to cost me around $1000 when I'm done or I pay $1500 for a one that just has a little better ballast then the fixture before I upgrade it).

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
It's only for the frag tank and that should only be up and running for a couple of months. By then the display tank (DT) should be cycled enough for the corals to be placed. Maybe later on I'll frag out some of my corals and it'll get used again. My 90 DT is almost ready to go, just need to clear out the space in the living room for it to set.

Eddiecorrea

War kitty! God hates cats!
Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
What is your lighting on the DT? If your looking for a light I havea 150w x 2 MH HQI Sunpod for sale. Its 1 month old. I had to move and couldnt bring my 55. Sucks big time but cant do anything about it.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
The DT is already lit up properly for corals and if I need more light I have a double 250w MH with 14000K new bulbs. I just needed something over the frag tank for the time being. Try putting it on Craigslist and see what you can get for it, or eBay.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Greg: great selection of coral. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your corals posted. Wish I had access to corals like those, in AZ we are pretty limited...the corals you got are incredible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store