Coral emergency

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blackghost415

AC Members
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco,Ca
I just bought two lps corals, i acclimated them with drip, now I put them in the tank and a hhour and a half later there is white goo coming off them. What is this? how can i help?

Batmanjay28

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Oregon
I'm not positive but that might be happening because you just introduced them into your tank. Different water, transportation in a plastic bag, bouncing around from transportation, different lighting, water flow and quality could have something to do with it. Good luck with your new additions, I think you'll be ok. Just watch them to make sure. Do you have pics?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Could be bad news, depending. Any way to get a better and closer pic? Does the surrounding tissue appear to be dissolving? If not, chances are it is just mucus. Worst case scenario, it is a shutdown reaction.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
If actual tissue is sloughing, then there's an issue. Try to examine it as closely as possible in order to be as specific as possible. It may be harmless or you may lose the coral in short order, depending on what exactly is going on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store