Coral Keepers 2 gallon shrimp and snail farm diary.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Here are some pics of the canopy and the stand on the tank! But I'm still not 100% finished with the canopy and stand. Here are the pics! Tell me what you think!!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Here are a few update pics of the tank. Tell me what you think!!

Here are some pics of the shrimp.

guitarkev13

help the cause donate to EZLN
Jun 17, 2007
i think its time to thin out that java moss a little so you can better see the moss wall

Twiqy

veteran heading back to the battle
Feb 12, 2008
New York City
Hey, those are some great pix and an awesome little tank! I just slammed through this whole thread and i love how everything worked out so well. i especially love the java moss. you just gave me a great idea and new hopes for my coming 5 gallon setup.

i hope to use the moss wall thing with the screen... how do you keep that water looking so clean???

i love the little army of snails you have.

may i ask what filter you use for that little 2 gallon??

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the compliments everyone!! I'm using a Internal Whisper Power filter for 2-10 gallon aquariums that pumps 85 gallon per hour. Here is a pic of the box.

Twiqy

Feb 12, 2008
New York City
ohh thats a sexy looking filter. i like the quiet part especially. my penguin biowheel filter was very noisy, even after clean, after clean etc. thanks for the pic! i love it.

whats your current snail count? Ramshorn, trumpet snails... what else is there?

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
Thats the filter in my 2 gallon Beta tank. That thing is a hoss for its size!

I love the Moss wall, I'm so copying it in my 10 gallon shrimp tank. ;)

I love everything you've done with this small tank (althought the light scares the jeepers out of me). I need to do some serious reworking on my 10 and you have inspired me. In fact I think I may create a diary thread. Thanks for the inspiration and keep it up.

Twiqy

Feb 12, 2008
New York City
amen! im inspired too. thats the only reason i gave up on my 20 gallon.. i lost inspiration. i hope to keep my next tank for decades.

i hope to keep the experience of the tank in my blog...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store