CORALINE ALGE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JUICY JAYNE

AC Members
Sep 15, 2009
:clap: HI EVRYONE, I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED AS A MEMBER, BUT I HAVE NOTICED A STRANGE THING SINCE I HAVE BEEN POSTING PICS AND POSTS ON HERE THAT I HAVE REALISED THAT I THINK THAT MY CORALINE ALGE IS DISSAPEARING, LOOKING AT VARIOUS PICS, FROM ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO UNTILL NOW IM SURE IT IS NOT SO PURPLE, ANY IDEAS?:irked:

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
mine does that,.. when it runs out of calcium and other minerals that it needs to grow,.. it will start to dissolve,..

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
mine does that,.. when it runs out of calcium and other minerals that it needs to grow,.. it will start to dissolve,..
Thats pretty much it..When coralline algae starts to die away, its usually pointing too a deficiency in trace elements.. Can you post your latest water parameters for Calcium, Alk and Mag please, and we shall take it from there..

zoakeeper

AC Members
Aug 9, 2009
the outback
Did you happen to add/upgrade your lighting? Or maybe switched salts or slacked up on water changes? Maybe added an urchin?
Oh, and quit yelling, I have a hang over.

JUICY JAYNE

AC Members
Sep 15, 2009
CORRALINE AlGE

:huh: here are readings SAL 1.025 MAG 1320 calc 405 ALK 10.3 temp78 ph 8.3 phos 0.03:22_yikes: (added rowaphos) I have noticed that there are alot of really tiny starfish all over the rock ill try and post a pic of rock

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Those shouldn't affect coralline to any extent. With water parameters out of the way, could you also answer zoakeeper's questions, which could also contribute to the coralline problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store