Cory Catfish and Tiger Barbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I would go with 4 rather than 3, the larger the group the happier they would be and the safer they would feel. With 4 you could probably still add another 2 or 3 tiger barbs. What are you using for filtration.

swinneyw

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
i have tiger barbs and cories and they do fine several barbs are better than a few they like to pick on each other

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I have kept tiger barbs and cories together with no issues. That being said...it really is dependent on the fish. I would get the largest cories I could find. Minimum would be 4 to a group. A group being the same kind...all bronze or all albinos or whatever. they will school with different kinds, but will be happier if it is all the same. I would add the cories all at the same time. Strength in numbers...they will feel safer. Provide them with plenty of cover...but I think it would be fine. If you keep up with water changes, I think you could add 2-3 more barbs. I would add them at least a week if not a little longer after you add the cories.

I think you will find the barbs will not even notice the cories.

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
We have had tiger barbs and cories together for about 3 years. No problems at all.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I have kept tiger barbs and cories together with no issues. That being said...it really is dependent on the fish. I would get the largest cories I could find. Minimum would be 4 to a group. A group being the same kind...all bronze or all albinos or whatever. they will school with different kinds, but will be happier if it is all the same. I would add the cories all at the same time. Strength in numbers...they will feel safer. Provide them with plenty of cover...but I think it would be fine. If you keep up with water changes, I think you could add 2-3 more barbs. I would add them at least a week if not a little longer after you add the cories.

I think you will find the barbs will not even notice the cories.
:iagree: 100%

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store