Cory Catfish Fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
I was cleaning my 125 gal. tank today and I found a Cory Catfish fry. I was very pleasantly surprised, but shocked. I never thought my Cory's would reproduce in a community tank The tank has tetras, a few platys and mollies, one angel fish, Glo Fish and a 10-12 inch Pleco. My questions is, is it common for a cory to reproduce in a community tank?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
All fishes can and will breed in a community tank.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
I have never had anything but the live bearers successfully breed in my tanks. I have had quite a few tanks, but this is my first 125 gal. I've had it about a year now and really love it. I'm learning so much more with it that I ever have.
I guess I was under the impression that even if egg layers spawn, they would not be successful in producing without the perfect environment. I'm very pleased to find this baby in my tank. Makes me happy my tanks is healthy enough for this baby to be thriving.
Thank you for your relay.

FJB

AC Members
Jun 7, 2019
Ideally yes. In reality not. Many fishes have behavioral and other life history needs, such that conditions are simply not possible in aquaria. Flagtail Semaprochilodus, for instance- nobody has or will breed it in a community thank. In aquaculture settings, they have been bred in large ponds, but using hormones.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
this thread is 3 years old amazoniantanklvr

bickouder

AC Members
Mar 7, 2021
They're not shy either, which is fun! All the adults have been hiding recently and been skittish (now we know why). They have been hiding under the driftwood protecting the moms I Speed Test guess.

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
My corydoryas breed every night in my community tank and I’m trying to rear the fry I haven’t checked yet but I’m p sure I have some waiting for me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store