Cory ID

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Can anyone tell me what kind of cory this is? The one in the middle, not the metae/bandits. I had bought the corys out of a tank that supposedly had albinos, Metaes, Pandas, and Julii (though I am pretty sure that the "Julii" is a false Julii). This one is not any of those.

Sorry about the bad pic, he is quite shy.

Last edited:

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
That's the way that I was leaning, but this one seems to be more mottled than what I have seen in a palateus.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'd give it time to settle down.. it looks like it could be a little stressed for now.

and don't believe the label on an LFS tank :)

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
I never trust the LFS, especially the part timers. I am pretty sure that the guy sold this one as a panda, and the pandas as metaes.

He's been in the tank for a week and a half now, so he should be settled down. I think that the PFS and plant lighting may be stressing these guys out a little. I also have the temp a little higher than these guys like because 2 of the neons had/have ich. Some of the metaes are pale too, but they seem to be energetic as ever and are eating well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will try bringing the temp down slowly this weekend.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
O_girl is right, it is a pale Cory Paleatus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store