Curiosity killed the loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Spunky

AC Members
my poor yoyo loach died today. The best that i can figure out what happened is that he swam right into where the water comes out of my powerhead (aqua clear 802) and once inside he met his terrible fate.

I found him when i took the powerfilter out and he slid out on the the floor. I was not sure what it was when i first found him, but part of him still had the destictive yoyo mark and then i found a eye. :(

This guy like current. 2 days ago i poored him and his big brothers from a bucket back into their tank and he was all the way out of the bucket bye about 4-5 inches when he swam right back into the bucket. It was pretty fun to watch. But this might explain why he swam into the powerhead against the flow.

He was one of the first fish i ever got, one of the ones that got me adicted to fish. Even though i did not quite have him for a year, it feels like a lot longer... Thanks for letting me share my loss, i feel silly mourning over a fish, but i know there are plenty here that have had a loss too and can understand.

Spunky

elmj

AC Members
Jun 4, 2003
Visit site
i understand and sympathize with you. its not easy getting over a fish you've watch grow up. i remebered my first corys that die up till today and the pain of their deaths still resound as deeply today...

you're not alone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store