Cycling with fish: species

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'd wait also. It could be bad stock, but the last thing you want to do is keep plunking more fish in there until you wait it out, measure and monitor. This is all part of the hobby.

Do the right thing fishay12, just begin starting up another tank or five.

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
HaHa I wish ;) I guess I can wait but I was really excited about this weekend because I have been waiting, as you know. Huge bummer :( :(

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Just found a second dead one. ;( apparently something is definitely wrong. What should i do to save the third? Please help! It looks like there was a depression in his chest from not eating... The last one is swimming around and I think I saw him eat a couple times so I will pick up bloodworms or brine shrimp tomorrow to get him fattened up if he makes the night.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Just found a second dead one. ;( apparently something is definitely wrong. What should i do to save the third? Please help! It looks like there was a depression in his chest from not eating... The last one is swimming around and I think I saw him eat a couple times so I will pick up bloodworms or brine shrimp tomorrow to get him fattened up if he makes the night.
Find the disease and illness section in the forum to see if any of the fish could have an illness your not aware of.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
A few seem possible but how do I know exactly which one?

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
If there are no obvious external signs of a disease, then it might be internal parasites. I would add API's General Cure.

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Ok i will pick up some as soon as the store opens.

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
I think they just did not eat because the one thats left was the one eating. I will still wait a week or so.

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Alright I know this is probably not the best but I will wait to see how my cory acts in the next day or so and then I will get a few tetras or an angel or cories or a bushynose.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store