dead fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
i came home today and noticed one of my fish died but the only way to get to it is to move a whole lotta stuff around since its in the very back. theres a halloween crab back there that seems to have made lunch with it but i wanted to know if it would be ok to let it get eaten back there or if i should move everything to get it out so it wont pollute the tank. thanks.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
It depends on how big your clean up crew is to be honest. If you have enough little critters to make short work of it and your params look good don't worry about it. If you are detecting ammonia on your test kit ,"in a reef tank for sure" I would start digging. Usually though unless it's a big fish the clean up crew can sort out the problem before it ever becomes an issue.
hth
Max

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
well guess what everyone, i lost my other 2 fish last night which leaves my tank fishless. the other two were a clarke clown and a royal gramma. i ran some tests on my water and tried to raise my ph from a 7.4 to an 8.4 all at once without giving my fish a chance to acclimate. (i didnt realize what i was doing was wrong til somebody had commented on it after the fact and said to do it gradually over the entire day) im pretty sure this is what did it. **** tough lesson to learn. i think im going to hold off on getting more fish for now. im going to do my best to get my water and my corals as healthy as possible before i risk harming anything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store