Debilitated Diamond - should I put down?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
This is good to hear at the very least :)

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Just an update. He wouldn't eat from the net and then strainer I sequestered in him in my main tank. I hadn't set up a hospital tank again because I only had a broken filter, but I ordered a new one and it arrived today so he is now in a 10 gallon hospital tank with the filter seeded with some media from my main tank. I dosed the hospital tank with Metroplex and salt and voogle.

Main tank seems healthy now with no ich for a few days. Yay.

We'll see if I can save this guy. Once that's sorted the tank will be used as a QT tank for future fish. I currently have one lonely lemon that survived the disaster in my main tank who I hope I can find buddies for again. Kinda hesitant to buy from the same stock I got him from but it's the only local place with lemons, if they even still have them by the time I'm ready and if they're open. But QT tank is ready for them!

And I now only have 3 rainbow tetras which I'd like to bump up to at least 6 which I'd have to order online.
There are a few places online the sell them cheap. And by rainbow tetras do you mean the 'rainbow' strain of emperor tetras? If so rainbow and emboero will school together.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
There are a few places online the sell them cheap. And by rainbow eteras do you mean the 'rainbow' strain of emperor tetras? If so rainbow and emboero will school together.
Nematobrycon lacortei

looks similar to emperor tetras and kerris.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Nematobrycon lacortei

looks similar to emperor tetras and kerris.
You're right. My bad

Well kerris are a completely different genus then those two.

Stara'lfur

AC Members
May 19, 2008
Southern Cali
You're right. My bad

Well kerris are a completely different genus then those two.
Nematobrycon lacortei
Yeah that's them. Would they actually school with the purple emperors? I think I read somewhere someone actually had difficulties with the two getting along, even though they're so similar. I'd love to get some emperors tho.

And it'd be nice if I could order the rainbows and lemons together from somewhere but the only place I found online with rainbows now is out of stock of lemons. We'll see tho, not ready yet.

If the local place has lemons I will probably pick them up and get them sorted first. Once they've been introduced I'll order 3 or so rainbows online and a school of 6 or so of something else rare locally to complete the tank.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Yeah that's them. Would they actually school with the purple emperors? I think I read somewhere someone actually had difficulties with the two getting along, even though they're so similar. I'd love to get some emperors tho.

And it'd be nice if I could order the rainbows and lemons together from somewhere but the only place I found online with rainbows now is out of stock of lemons. We'll see tho, not ready yet.

If the local place has lemons I will probably pick them up and get them sorted first. Once they've been introduced I'll order 3 or so rainbows online and a school of 6 or so of something else rare locally to complete the tank.
With kerris? Chances are slim, they are a completely different genus. With regular emperors? Maybe.

That's be nice

good plan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store