deer hunting opinions, att. omega

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I always wore both eye and hearing protection--my dad would have beat me within half an inch of my life AND taken the gun away if he'd caught me doing otherwise!

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
I wear eye and ear protection when I target shoot. I always have glasses on, so I suppose I wear eye protection when I hunt as well, but I do not wear ear protection when I hunt. We use walkie talkies to communicate, so having something in my ears would negate the communication that I find very necessary when hunting with others.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
TKOS said:
I just jumped into this thread really late so forgive me. Do you make your kids where eye protection while shooting?
For me it depends on what we are doing. 95% of the time they are shooting at paper targets and such. In this scenario, they wear eye protection. If we are just walking through the woods they don't. I personally don't since it interfers with my shooting. I know you are thinking the same thing as them. "Do as I say, not as I do." :D

This is my oldest son (8) target shooting at a BSA camp in Florida.

ceatwood

New Dad! Picture overload ahead!
Jan 17, 2006
Shakopee, Minnesota
At the range both hearing and eye protction, hunting alas I am a sluggard and sometimes will have eye protection if I remember my glasses. If I can't hear, I woun't be ready to shoot.

The post about matchsticks got me to remembering my experimentation with small rifle primers, they too fit in a BB barell (.177) and if your shooting fast enough at something hard enough, they explode on impact. Dad must have looked for that brick of primers for three days before giving up and buying another. Alas I didn't wear eye protection back then either, and ended up at the opthamologist having metal fragments removed from my left eye lens. Dad still wonders to this day how I managed to get that metal in there, he thinks I was playing around with a grinder and the old steel pile out back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store