Did I get the plague?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coel03

AC Members
Jun 21, 2012
Best way to treat I can go to petco and get the aiptasia x on my way home today

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Congrats!

Just kidding :).

Cover it with aiptasia x or a thick kalk paste. May consider a couple of peppermint shrimp as well (but note that some may much your corals a little). They are easy to catch with a simple trap if you want to remove them later.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
At the moment I seem to be aiptasia free, I zapped 2 of them with a laser and picked up 2 peppermint shrimp who seemed to find a couple more.

Coel03

AC Members
Jun 21, 2012
Hit with aiptasia x will monitor. It's in a nano so I don't want too much of a bioload.

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
The shrimp don't count against your bioload. You should be fine. I noticed a bunch of bubble algae's poppin up in my tank and tried to fight it, but was losing, so I got an emerald crab and I've seen one bubble in over a month. I can only assume the proper invert will do the same for you.

Coel03

AC Members
Jun 21, 2012
Then heres my load:
2 nassarius snails
1 cerith snail
1 scarlet reef hermit
1 cleaner shrimp
1 green banded goby
1 Duncan coral

Tank is a 5g hex

Would anything not get along with the peppermint ?

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
Not sure. I hear that mixing and matching shrimp species is a risky business at best. I have a CBS, which are pretty moody, he attacks the fish sometimes, so I haven't had the chance to test out what works and what doesn't. I'm sure someone here has though...

Coel03

AC Members
Jun 21, 2012
Now in the next 6 mo I will be making a 38g tank so I'll have shrimp that can be moved but until then I don't want anyone to clash

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store