discus fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

anurup nayak

Registered Member
Jun 3, 2015
my discus fish is not eating from 4 to 5 days it has become thin what medicine should i use to make it well can any1 help me out with this problem

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Not much info here...

How old is your set-up?? How long have you had your discus?? How big is the tank?? Tank mates?? What are your water perameters?? Temp?? Ect.. ect

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
As others have said, a lot more information is needed here to be able to give a helpful answer.
In addition to answering the other questions asked above, what size are your discus, and what is your water change routine.
The number of discus you have, (and any other fish you have) how long you've had them, the size of your tank, what kind of set-up you have, and details of your feeding will all provide clues as to the problem.

Reactions: Sploke

anubis63

AC Members
Apr 11, 2015
Sacramento, CA USA
Real Name
Robert Mortenson
I have a serious problem with one of my discuss. He is as old as the other five yet he is still only three inches long while the others are five inches. He hides constantly but not being attacked by anyone else. He is dark and will not eat. I am concerned about putting him in the isolation tank. I don't know if he could handle the stress of the transfer. I am at a loss of what is happening with him. I really really need your opinion. Please help. I'm still having a little trouble figuring out how to start a new thread so if this post is in the wrong place please forgive me. :)

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
Sorry, but you will need to give us a lot more information before we are in a position to help you.
Answer these questions to give us some clues as to what the problem may be:

- What size of tank are your 6 discus in ?
- How long has it been set up & how long have you had the discus in it ?
- Did you get the discus all at the same time, from the same source, what was that source, and were they all the same size when you got them ? What size was that ?
- What is your water change routine, how often do you do them, and in what quantity of water volume ?
- Is your tank planted & what substrate do you have in it ? What is your feeding routine & what foods ?
- What is your tank cleansing routine ? Tank temp ? pH in your tank, & out of the tap if you use tap water for WC's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store