Discuss...Why UG Filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gaurang

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
India
Visit site
I have UG Filter and I'm really satisfied with it but only one thing I wanted to ask you'll guys is that, Is it really adviceble to have UG filter coz it suck the waste UG wich can come up when the Gravels are distrubed for some decoration purpose? Also the waste starts decaying after some time where in sponge filter you can clean the waste with out emptying the entire tank.

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
personally i have never had one and probably never will......

i think reverse ugf or rugf would be better if you wanted to keep it. force the crud out of the substrate so it can't accumulate as fast, instead of forcing it to accumulate.

otherwise i would be thinking timebomb and problems waiting to happen.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
I used to use RUGF in my Discus tank. I didn't have any problems for the longest time, but after about a year or so I just happened to look under the tank and saw a lot of muck and debris built up underneath the grates.

I vaccumed the gravel real good every week, but I guess I couldn't get it all. The only way to get it out was to take out the RUGF all together. Talk about a pain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store