Distichodus decemmaculatus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
How many affinis do you have? Does yours fin nip? mine sure does with each other... I will try to feed them the color enhancing foods... That was expensive! 34.99! WOW! Does yours show the red in the fins? and if so..what do you feed your affinis? MIne are a Year old...but all the red and black has faded to almost no existance. Thanks for your help Harry ...

Last edited:

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
Sorry, I wasn't specific in my response. I never bought the D. affinis, I went with the D. decemmaculatus instead. Only bought (3), because of the price. But they definitely don't nip, except at the plants and algae in the tank.

As to diet, I feed Aquarian Flakes, Tetra Color Bits, Hikari algae wafers, Tetra Spirulina Flakes, Hikari Freeze-Dried bloodworms and daphnia, and SF Brand Freeze-dried plankton. To see if the color will come back in yours (and it may not, they may fade over time just like D. sexfasciatus, I'd try the Color Bits, Spirulina Flakes, and plankton. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store