DIY : 24/7 New Water Dipping (Chemical Way)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
in my old article DIY : 24/7 New Water Drip System it works great for chlorine. but when i found out about Chloramine in my water. That system will be useless when chloramine is in the water.

So i start looking for NH2CL (Chloramine) Filters but it will leave ammonia in the water. and its expensive in a long to replace the filter.

I call up my good friend JohnPTC. he mention to me about a dosing system call Dosmatic that he is using.

Here is what you need
  • Dosmatic MinoDos 1%
  • Seachem Prime
  • In-line 1 Micron filter
  • Water Container (for diluted prime)
  • In-line Carbon (Optional)
  • In-line UV Sterlizer (optional)
  • Pressure Gauge (Optional )
  • 1/4 Tubing

Here is a diagram (click diagram to enlarge)

What is Dosmatic MiniDos 1%

The new MiniDos™ Professional series has raised the bar for nNon-electrical, water-driven, proportional injectors. Many years of customer feedback and comments culminated in the next generation of injectors with:
  • Higher operating pressure,
  • Higher flows, reduced pressure loss,
  • Improved mixing and
  • Greatly enhanced overall chemical compatibility.
Flow Rate: 0.03 gpm - 12 gpm or 0,11 lpm - 45 lpm
Injection Rate: 0.20% - 1.00% or 1:500 - 1:100
Operating pressure: 6.0 – 100 psi or 0,41 – 6,9 bar
Inlet/Outlet: ¾” npt , ¾” bsp
What is Seachem Prime

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Prime™ removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. Prime™ converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. Prime™ may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Prime™ detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels.Prime™ also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat. Prime™ is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Prime™ will not overactivate skimmers. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water

[/FONT]Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L (50 gallons*) of new water.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Here is how a Dosmatic Works

Prime is a highly concentrated solution.

1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L = 1: 40,000

Dosmatic MinoDos 1% have a lowest injection rate at 1:500 so you need to diluted the prime with RO/Distill water.

Although Dosmatic has a 4ML model (1:4000) but you still need to dilute the prime and the cost of the machine is 3x more.

i did some calculation for Dosmatic MiniDos 1% when its set at 1:500. You need to Dilute Prime 1:80 first before pump in the the Dosmatic MinoDos 1%

here is the final product

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great idea...saves the need for that 500-1000 gal pre-treated holding tank.

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
WAIT, so are y'all telling me im supposed to treat the water BEFORE dumping it into the tank? I've always added prime to my tank, THEN added replacement water.

Well anyway, awesome setup as usual, neo.

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
WAIT, so are y'all telling me im supposed to treat the water BEFORE dumping it into the tank? I've always added prime to my tank, THEN added replacement water.

Well anyway, awesome setup as usual, neo.
You dont have to add it to the tank, and is preferred to add it into the new water before anyhow (the instruction on my Prime bottle even say you can do it either way, you may want to take a look at the directions).

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
...tought to add Prime if you're using "The Python!"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store