DIY CO2 my set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tinkerman

AC Members
Mar 6, 2007
I use a cooler large enough to hold a 1 gal gas can, a 100 watt heater, a 1 gal gas can,bubble counter, gang valve, and a elite mini power head. take your cooler and put your heater in it, fill cooler half full of water. Take your gas can and push a barb fitting into the vent hole( the one I used was 1/4 in I think and will be hard to stretch the air tubbing on) Glue the barb into the gas can I used super glue and glue the vent hole too. The gang valve I got from wal-mart, Take the tubbing connectors off and glue them in andtake valve out and use teflon tape on them, I glued one of them in cause I only needed one. The bubble counter I used a large baby food jar and 2 3/16 barb fittings, drill and glue barb fittings in( I have seen an easier one to make on the net using a check valve and a syringe). The elite mini power head drill a hole in the side of the filter basket for air tubing. I used silacon air tubing. You can connect everything now, connect gas can to gang valve to bubble counter to powerhead. For the yeast mixure you want a grvity of about 1080 for the suger water, which is about 2 cups suger to a 2 liter bottle full and yeast I use 1 tsp. this will last about 7-14 days. you can also make co2 from 2 tbsp baking soda 1 tsp viniger( this is very hard to keep your bottle or can sealed but produces co2 imeditly and only lasts a day at most). Here are some pics of the stuff I use. The mix should be kept above 75 degrees F.

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store