DIY filter question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RiVerfishgirl

AC Members
Jan 15, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Real Name
Heather
Fish stores actually sell quite a few plants that are not fully aquatic. The plants will survive long enough in the stores tanks that people will unknowingly buy them then wonder why they die in their own tank.

I think most stores just aren't aware that the plants are not aquatic because their supplier sends them out as aquatic plants and they don't remain in the store tanks long enough for them to see an issue, or they just think the plants are dying because they're hard to care for.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
i wish that was the case, riverfishgirl. i told several lfs and local chain stores alike that their plants weren't aquatic. apparently they're good sellers and most places refuse to stop carrying them.

typical fish store scandal... buy one... wait for it to die... buy another one... repeat... repeat customer willing to take any verbal snowball to the ear............

if customers were better informed this wouldn't happen so much.... but i have to say, this is one case where it's actually the lfs's fault... at least in my area...

Inglorious

AC Members
Aug 26, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you look up SunSun or Perfect canister filters on e-bay you can get a brand new filter for under $50 after shipping. If you search the forums here you will find quite a few threads from people who swear by them. In fact I'm waiting on one to arrive that I got for a second filter on my new 110.

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
If you look up SunSun or Perfect canister filters on e-bay you can get a brand new filter for under $50 after shipping. If you search the forums here you will find quite a few threads from people who swear by them. In fact I'm waiting on one to arrive that I got for a second filter on my new 110.

:clap:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store