diy hood light. 29 florescent 27 watt day light bulbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iamvictor2k

AC Members
Jan 19, 2010
tennessee
I'm confused about something... I've never seen a 27w CFL bulb. This would lead me to think that it's the CFL equivalent of 27w incandescent. Which would actually put each bulb at about 150w actual CFL lighting. Is there a flaw in my thinking? hehe, there usually is... :laugh:

If I'm right though, holy cow!
it is the eqivalent of 100w incandesent bulb. and yes holy cow.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks better with the additional plants....

iamvictor2k

AC Members
Jan 19, 2010
tennessee
Looks better with the additional plants....
i knew it would. much more softer.lol cant wate till the plants train themselvs to grow up not to the side out of the rock. i have had amazing growth just in the day i have had the plants. root systems are off the chain growing. thanks for looking yall. any suggestions are welcome except for the right part of the tank. that is my storage area right now till i figure out where i want them. some of the plants I am wating for placment untill i see how they actualy grow. they got trimmed before sending to me so im wating for a little more natual look before placment.

Kengel

AC Members
Nov 8, 2009
That's crazy, do you have anything in there that eats algae?

Jack Jericho

My room is a small nature preserve
Jun 17, 2009
Seattle-ish
Gorgeous. Did you DIY some kind of central wiring in the hood or do you just have a ton of power cords going out of the back?

iamvictor2k

AC Members
Jan 19, 2010
tennessee
Gorgeous. Did you DIY some kind of central wiring in the hood or do you just have a ton of power cords going out of the back?
actualy for the watage of the bulbs and the fan the amps only came to sligly over 6 amps. a regular extention cord was used and spliced and then 14 guage solid coper wire was run in parralel to connect the lights together. and all connections were soldered.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store