DIY pH up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyguy83

AC Members
May 11, 2006
Erie, PA, US
The water has come back up naturally and is now at 7.2, so I'm not going to try to mess with it unless it takes a dive.

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
That is probably a safe approach, It will still benefit you to know your tap numbers after gas equalizes, and keep an eye on things to make sure they stay steady with your determined maintenance shcedule.

Dave

dominuslive

AquaAddict
May 19, 2006
Iowa
Your PH may have dropped down to a lower range from over feeding. Also like has already been said, make water in separate container for at least 24 hours, areated then test, that would be the ph of your tap water. I woulod also keep a heater in there to bring it to temp. Once you find out what everything is from your tap, then adjust if necessary, and wait 24 hours.

gimincorp

AC Members
Jan 20, 2006
New Roc - it ROCKs!
Good KH/GH test Kit

carpediem said:
You'll need a GH, KH, and pH test kit.

Test your tap water first to see where you're starting at. Add salts/baking soda to your spare tank with filter (a heater also helps) and let it mix for a few hours if not for a day. Test to see where you're at and write down your results so you know how much to use the next time you mix. It may take a couple of tries before you find just the right formula.

What kind of fish are you trying to keep?
Can anyone recommend me a good KH/GH test kit? I have troubles with Tetra's kit as I don't see much color change...

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
I use Aquarium pharmaseuticals, and their hardness kits are probably the easiest to use of everything they make.
Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store