diy rock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

counrygirl

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
it possible to make your own rock to put in fresh water tank ,using concrete and sand :confused:I know that you can make rock for marine can't see why I can't make some for fresh

crazycanuck

The quitter never wins
Mar 10, 2008
ontario,canada
wat do u mean by make rock.... like a diy background?? yes that is possible. or do you mean make custom shaped rocks from molds,im pretty sure that would work,not sure what it would look like tho...

counrygirl

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
make shapes like marine I made some for my marineand was wondering if I could do the same thing for fresh

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
I don't see why not. My stepdad used to own a company that made mini golf courses. They would make ponds out of concrete, paint it and make it look pretty natural, and people would put fish in the ponds all of the time.

crazycanuck

The quitter never wins
Mar 10, 2008
ontario,canada
make shapes like marine I made some for my marineand was wondering if I could do the same thing for fresh
ya i dont see why it wouldnt work.. if your just using concrete

counrygirl

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
thanks I 'm going to make some will let you know how it turns out I know I will haft to cure it like marine to get the ph down low so I will let you know and thanks again

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I used the DIY rock thread for some liverock for my reef tank. Its been about two months and its still curing, so be ready to have patience, but there's no reason you couldn't use it for FW as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store