Does anyone have a GF or Koi pond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
DrDeath - Thanks for the link. I will definitely have to check it out.

HZ - A bridge is a nice idea. I don't know if a bridge would work because of the way my existing gardens and retaining wall are layed out. But that got me to thinking about a small, raised viewing platform....like a mini-deck (Big enough for a small coffee table and some chairs). You're right about kids throwing things into the pond. During a party earlier this year, one of my brother-in-laws (a big "kid") tossed a small piece of vanilla cake into my goldfish tank.

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Sorry about that DrDeath. :)

I do actually like the idea of a mini-deck. I think it would be cool if it cantilevered over the koi pond a few feet.

DrDeath

AC Members
Apr 30, 2002
New York
Visit site
No problem!

My parents have a deck that extends to their pond. The kids feed the fish and watch the birds from the deck. The other side is planted pretty heavily so you can't really get at it easily. The deck worked out nice - keeps the dog out of it too!

Good luck - have you checked out that web site yet? They have a great bass pond for the kiddies to "fish" in w/ hookless lines & worms. The bass are HUGE!

I hope you get there it is well worth the trip!

DrD

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store