does anyone know about a supplier that will ship to your door IN CANADA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MrGoodbytes

...has a research topic! :)
Nov 27, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
This is great! :D

Canadian suppliers are like platinum; so rare.

I did find a supplier located in Montréal that sells rare kinds of fish, mainly from South and Central America. I will have to dig up the URL and post it here. I can't remember if they ship to just stores or individual hobbyists.

Graeme

MrGoodbytes

...has a research topic! :)
Nov 27, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
That was easier than I thought.

The link for the Montréal supplier is: http://www.belowwater.com/ .

They seem to have a more unorthodox method of ordering (no cart), however I believe they ship to individual hobbyists, which is a bonus for any of you who are looking for more exotic fish.

I guess you have to contact them about what kind of fish they have and how much they cost, because they have imports coming in all the time.

Well, hope this helps someone,

Graeme

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
Canadian agriculture is pretty anal in general, alot more strict than the US fish and wildlife. We're not allowed to important anything without a license or distribute livestock. There are probably less courier companies that don't ship livestock as well. I work in distribution and have asked a few of the couriers about it, they all said the same thing. We don't ship livestock. This includes all the major companies, purlator, UPS, strait express, van kam, canadian freightways, totalline, etc.

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
What sort of fish are you looking for? I know a couple canadian places that sell africans. I'm not sure they ship directly to your door though, most likely you have to pick up at the airport.

Have you looked into the vancouver aquarium society(if there is one). You should be able to get lots of fish through them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store