Does my bum look big in this??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
fwiw, your are likely correct. While I'm far from an expert at sexing mandrins I believe you may have a girl on your hands. Most of the green mandrins imported are boys so you might have an easier time making a pair of them than you would with the greens. I would make 100% sure what you had though before getting another as like most s.w. fish they are rather territorial .
They will likely spawn in your tank but, raising fry is as far as I know so far impossible in a home tank. I know there was a guy over at r.c. that had been trying to do so with out success for quite some time.
Really nice though
cheers max

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Hmm... have you noticed any fish missing lately? Because by these pictures I think I know where they went.

Beautiful mandarin though. I am hoping to add one later (3-5months). I just resently started adding pods (to sump). I want to add more once I get my light fixture.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Hmm... have you noticed any fish missing lately? Because by these pictures I think I know where they went.

Beautiful mandarin though. I am hoping to add one later (3-5months). I just resently started adding pods (to sump). I want to add more once I get my light fixture.
Definately no fish missing - I wouldn't mind but he hasn't even started on the flatworm yet!!!

Catpicklesdog

Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Still fat and definately a boy!!!

Well I finally saw his fin up the other day and can confirm that paisley is indeed a boy. Therefore that makes him a fat little so and so and not a pregnant girlie!!!!

Here's a few recent piccies showing the ever increasing belly!!!

2007_1203cameranew0004.JPG 2007_1203cameranew0005.JPG 2007_1203cameranew0009.JPG

Catpicklesdog

Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Good GAWD!!!!! The boy has no definition at all...he is turning into a puffer fish.
Tell me about - and he's still not touching the flatworms and I have far too many to use Flatworm exit. I'm wondering if I dare risk getting him a girlfriend???

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
um, my mandarin, had a huge fit, he said, that yours is setting a bad exaample, and that he is tired of looking anorexic. he wishes to make it known that not all mandarins look like that, and he wishes to also make it known, that he could look like that if he tried.:)

Awesome pics, he is just the cutest chubby thing!

Catpicklesdog

Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
um, my mandarin, had a huge fit, he said, that yours is setting a bad exaample, and that he is tired of looking anorexic. he wishes to make it known that not all mandarins look like that, and he wishes to also make it known, that he could look like that if he tried.:)

Awesome pics, he is just the cutest chubby thing!
#:grinyes::grinyes:
Shame yours isn't a she otherwise he could have joined Paisly, eaten loads and made lots of babies!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store