Driftwood for Kuhli Loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheBeagle

Registered Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi, I bought some driftwood for my kuhli loaches, but now I'm wondering if it is not the right texture for them. I read that they don't really have scales so they need soft sandy substrate, and also I have read stories of fishes getting stuck in driftwood holes. My loaches like to hide, and I'm worried that they will try to fit into small crevices in the driftwood and cut themselves. Is this a real problem or am I worrying over nothing? I attached two photos of the driftwood.
Thanks!!!

driftwood1.jpg

driftwood2.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Looks just fine to me :) they will love sitting under it especially

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Pangios (kuhlis) don't really graze on wood...but they do like hiding places. Your wood looks great for them! Do you have at least 6 of the same species? That is what they truly like, lots of friends of the same kind, & more is better!

How big is your tank? You might have room for a few more...Yes! Do it, get more!

Reactions: NoodleCats

TheBeagle

Registered Member
Aug 19, 2020
Pangios (kuhlis) don't really graze on wood...but they do like hiding places. Your wood looks great for them! Do you have at least 6 of the same species? That is what they truly like, lots of friends of the same kind, & more is better!

How big is your tank? You might have room for a few more...Yes! Do it, get more!
I only have 3 right now, but I'm planning on getting more. I'll be putting them in my 20 gal tank with some zebra danios.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Try very hard to get the same species. They all get along, but they can tell their species apart from a "close" 1. I don't have them now, but when I did they were fun.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store