dwarf chain loaches eating snails?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
what size tank is this and what is the stocking? Have you done bait and trap removal yet?

I am not really a fan of adding something to eat something else. I would increase your maintenance, bait and remove, and see where your problem stands.

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
The tank is a 180, heavily planted. So no puffers. I have a large school of corys, the plecos listed above, 3 kribs, a school of black skirt tetras, a few angels, a moonlight gourami, a pair of whiptails, an albino rainbow shark, and a lone daffodil brichardi. So no craw dads either. I haven't tried trapping, but I haven't found a trap that's very good either.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
That trap is what I use to catch pleco fry, works great. A little food in it and leave it overnite. I have south american puffers, which are NOT AGGRESSIVE, take care of my snails. I also have a figure 8 and that eats snails. They ate ALL the snails in my 46 gal community tank, so that now, the first of each month, I buy 100 snails for the puffers. South american puffers are friendly and stay small, so they might , at least, help the problem. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store