Dwarf Guorami’s tail floating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alaskachild

AC Members
Jan 14, 2021
Here’s an update....
I put him back into the makeshift hospital tank, unfortunately it’s not filtered, but I added a heater and an air stone and he’s doing fine unless someone walks by or turns the lights on suddenly. If either of those happen then he’s straight back to being weird again..
But when I quietly come over and slowly turn the lights on dimly he’ll swim over (normally) to the side of the tank and watch me
I decided to go ahead and mix some metroplex with food and try that for a few days as his poop changes between normal brown looking and brown mixed with stringy white.

Alaskachild

AC Members
Jan 14, 2021
He is doing sooooo much better today! Still in the hospital tank, I’ve been mixing metroplex into his food. I haven’t noticed him doing any weird swimming/spinning or anything else all day even when startled! I’m going to give it a few more days and then try him back in the main tank

• Love
Reactions: Sprinkle

Alaskachild

AC Members
Jan 14, 2021
This is his poop today.... is this normal dwarf guorami poop? Or parasitic poop? I’m conflicted because it’s brown, but also has some white/clear. I’m just wondering if I should keep giving him metroplex?

72444387-48C7-4394-9376-A27168835F04.jpeg

Alaskachild

AC Members
Jan 14, 2021
If metroplex is not working, its either not parasites but internal worms or he is just constipated. Am sorry but i cannot tell.
The metroplex definitely did something. His poop had been a lot whiter before and he hasn’t done any weird swimming in several days!
I’m just not sure if the white/clear part of the poop now is normal and I can put him back into the main tank or if he may still have something going on and I should keep treating until his poop is solid brown?

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store