Dwarf Moray Needs Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tengodowncollin

AC Members
Jun 30, 2016
A day ago one of my large Colombian sharks became spooked and rammed into my dwarf moray. I'm worried the shark may have broken the morays back. The moray used to hide in a very large stump entangled in the roots but now it lays lethargically around the tank on its back or stomach. Is a recovery from this even possible or should I euthanize it. I don't know what I should do. I've had it for two years and it has been my favorite pet. Sorry this was my first post on here.

Tengodowncollin

AC Members
Jun 30, 2016
The right shark was the spooked fish. Eel is just above sand in the middle. Picture was taken before the accident during cleaning.
IMGP4627.JPG

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I'm honestly not sure what to do in this situation as a fish that big and with brackish I can't imagine that you'd easily be able to have an QT set up for him. But that's likely what I'd do isolate and observe, however you can accomplish that.

Tengodowncollin

AC Members
Jun 30, 2016
It took the moray about 2 weeks to start eating again and after about 3 months it stopped laying around. Spine looks out of wack but other wise the eel seems to be in pretty good mood. Still in hospital tank though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store