earthworm suprise

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
well, its a worm, and i found it after it rained on the sidewalk (i kno i prob shouldn't of put it in the tank but too late now) so i guessed it was an earthworm, and i put it back outside when i found it today, on afterthought i shoulda kept it, or atleast took a picture, oh well

i did some research on earthworms and they actually can live in water, the reason the come out in rain is that the water is not oxygenated enough, but i have a good air pump in my tank with heavily planted, so i know oxygen is never a prob in mine
Interesting... I wish I could keep them in my planted tanks, but my fish tend to devour them before they hit the water. BGK's loooove earthworms.

RoseFishWatcher

AC Members
Oct 31, 2006
Colorado
in that case you should have left it in there. maybe it would have multiplied and helped establish an ecosystem.
Takes 2 to tango : P (Earthworms have both sexes, but it still takes 2 to mate - they pair up together with both pairs of sex organs, and both are 'impregnated', for lack of a better word.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store