Earthworms?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

XSeaNX

Giggity-Giggity-Gig-a-ty
May 21, 2005
check your filter if the earthworm cant be found.

and gambusia is right....earthworms are one of those foods you never serve as an only meal. These should be used in a mixed diet situation.

With my ray I tend to feed it a mix of earthworms (chopped), blackworms, and prawns.

sillyputty

AC Members
Dec 10, 2004
Do you have to chop them up? My ram loves them, he will chew on it for awhile with half sticking out but he eventually gets it down. Same with my ADFs and betta and any other fish who care to eat them.

XSeaNX

Giggity-Giggity-Gig-a-ty
May 21, 2005
I chop them up for my rays only because my small reticulatis cant eat them whole yet. anything that cant eat it you should chop it up first. however you seem to be fine as is

Rebgen

AC Members
Jan 26, 2005
Des Moines, IA
My ADF's love them. Anytime I stick my hand in the tank they're always swimming up and waiting for a snack. When the take a piece from the tweezers they start thrashing all around as if they are trying to make sure it's dead before they swallow it. It's quite an entertaining show.

PJGirl112

AC Members
Feb 22, 2005
Rockford, IL
I have started with mini-red wrigglers bought at the pet store especially for fish and reptiles and I don't really have to "chop them up too much"...they are live and I just take a cleaver and give them a couple of small wacks. Then even the smaller fish can get a bite before the larger fish take over. I don't believe they (the worms) can live that long after that being in water, but I have never got the chance to see as ALL the fish seem to enjoy this little treat every so often! The worm is completely gone by morning w/o a trace in all my tanks.

I did have one worm that tried to bury himself in the gravel, but eventually the fish found him anyways...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store