Eek, I have babies honey gouramis!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kjgalaxy

AC Members
Apr 18, 2017
Larger means likely all females, which might explain the lack of babies. Common names are hard--red crystal is used for a couple different animals.

I probably wouldn't add the bubbler. There's no real reason, and it will disturb the surface enough that it might prevent the gouramies from breeding again--they're bubble nesters, and usually build at or near the surface.
I wondered if there was sexual diamorphism in shrimp and that might be the case. The volcano was to complete the tank theme of underwater volcanoes. :) But okay. Thanks!

Teddy's Mom

AC Members
Dec 24, 2016
Marin county CA
Real Name
Diane
Sorry to hear you've been dealing with cancer. I went through treatment 15 years ago so you can get through it, hang in there! It's very exciting discovering babies. I've been eyeing the Powder Blue Gouramis at my local Petco for my next tank addition; they're beautiful and very peaceful to watch. Our Petco doesn't have Sunsets but those must be gorgeous.

kjgalaxy

AC Members
Apr 18, 2017
Sorry to hear you've been dealing with cancer. I went through treatment 15 years ago so you can get through it, hang in there! It's very exciting discovering babies. I've been eyeing the Powder Blue Gouramis at my local Petco for my next tank addition; they're beautiful and very peaceful to watch. Our Petco doesn't have Sunsets but those must be gorgeous.
I love the blue Gourami too, but the Petco guy told me they could be pretty aggressive and recommended against them for the tank I was building. The sunsets are gorgeous. It's been a couple months of babies in the house. My giant millipedes had babies, then my crested gecko had babies, and now the fish. Thankfully everything else in the house is fixed! Lol. Yeah the cancer sucks, and I've got about 5 months left to deal with it all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store