Eheim leaking!!! :-(((

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kluni

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Slovenia, Europe
Visit site
Just bought new Eheim 2217. I set it up and I was feelin quite happy. A couple of hours later I noticed a little puddle around filter. Found out it was leaking where the pump head and canister touch. Drop by drop. :mad: :mad:

I used to be very sceptical about outside filters and it took a lot of time for to buy one. And after couple of hours the fear come true.

I'm bringing damn thing back to the LFS tomorrow, of course. But still, anybody had this kind of problems

kluni

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Slovenia, Europe
Visit site
YWell, I did followed the instructions and checked the O ring. But I noticed only two of five clips really did their job. The pump head seemed to be tightened but three clips wasn't tight at all.

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I agree, check the positioning of the o-ring, if assembled properly, eheims don't leak.
good luck
:)

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You just might have a dud on your hands. I own two eheim classics and never had a problem with them. Check everything well if it still leaks, return it and get another you should not continue to have problems. Eheims are great.

brackishdude

AC Members
Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
K-Y to the rescue!

I use copious amounts of K-Y on my o-ring and on the contact surfaces before reassembling my canister filter (eheim). While a properly placed o-ring will not have air gaps, "properly placed" does not necessarily reflect the competence of the placer . . .

K-y allows the ring to slide into place without binding/rolling (which creates gaps). This is similiar to the way a mechanic will rub oil on the surfaces of a gasket before assembly.

K-Y is inert, and a tube last forever (unless . . . :D )

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
Re: K-Y to the rescue!

Originally posted by brackishdude
K-Y is inert, and a tube last forever (unless . . . :D )
Freak. :D

We love ya anyway, wooHoo!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Oh No!
Another Eheim.....!

..just kidding... lol :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store