Eheim set-up question (probably dumb)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

time4mercy

Registered Member
Dec 18, 2005
Thanks in advance for helping me, and not laughing (too loudly).

I just bought a Eheim 2217 Classic. The set-up process seems straightforward except for one thing:

The spraybar is supposed to attach to a little translucent green elbow. What do you use to do this?? The illustration shows a piece connecting the two, but it doesn't have a part number or anything.

I am assuming is it a small piece of the outflow hosing. Am I correct?

I'd like to get confirmation from someone else before I chop a piece off, as I am cutting it close (no pun intended) on the hose length as it is.

Sorry if this is completely stupid, but I am tired (not to mention slightly gooned on cold medicine) at the moment. . . :joke:

Thanks again for any help.

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
buy a bit more tubing

You probably will want to locate a bit of extra tubing. Call around to the better fish stores, some can sell by the foot. Stick with Eheim tubing, the other sorts won't fit just right and you DO NOT want a leak in the tubing.

And, you can put the filter on a small stand. that could give you 5 inches back to trim and use on the output.

You could also buy an inline heater, add that to the output and you gain nearly a foot of output line! I really like my Hydor! Be sure you get the correct size for your tubing, the Hydors come in two hose sizes.

Last edited:

Jay-Stew

AC Members
Jan 18, 2006
26 miles North of Lake Erie
Hi , I just finished setting up a Eheim 2213. I thought the same thing at first. What you need to do is cut a small piece of hose off to make the connection at the elbow. I put my spray bar in tank where I wanted then I cut a piece (3" ?) to fit the gap.They give you plenty of hose in the kit to allow for this. JUst get everything where you want it and you will see there should be enough. I was thinking for the money you pay for these filter's they could come up with some better easier to read instruction's, LOL. Good luck !!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store