EI Dosing amounts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm pretty new to the EI dosing method. (110 watts over a 55 gallon with CO2.) I've been dosing the "recommended" 1/2 tsp. dry KNO3 and 1/8 tsp. KH2PO4, along with Plantex CSM+B using the every other day approach and doing a 50% WC on day 7. After a couple of weeks I'm starting to get a little fuzz algae on the leaf edges of my amazon swords. Was wondering if this regimen sounds good or is there something else that should be added to the mix?
Thanks,
Andy

j-gens

planted tank junkie
Dec 8, 2008
maumee, ohio
what are your co2 readings??? i would say check your co2 first and up it if need be then figure other things out...

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
I don't have a drop checker. Just been going by bubble count and watching the fish reaction. Thought I read somewhere that on a 55 gallon, you should be able to add CO2 to the point where it looks more like a "stream" of bubbles in the bubble counter. (too many to count per second). I'd estimate I'm at about 3 bps but could probably crank it up a notch.

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
Be careful with CO2, reduce the light intensity also.

These, much more than nutrients, play a much larger role.

Regards,
Tom Barr

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store