Electric blue acara tank mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tunacat

Registered Member
Apr 25, 2020
Hello, this is my first post, I have a 55 gallon planted tank with a cascade 700 filter and also a tetra 10-30 filter, it is an established tank. My question is what can I put in this tank with 1 electric blue acara. I have 1 bnp in it now, I would like to go with a school of fish, I thought rainbows but I've read the temps would not match, something with some color would be nice and peaceful is a plus, thank you

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Welcome! BNP? Is that a bristle nose or bushy nose pleco? What temp is your tank? If you just have the 1 acara there are several fish that might be ok...Most rainbows get pretty big, I've only kept dwarf neon rainbows (meh). Diamond tetras?

A pic might help & we love to see!

Tunacat

Registered Member
Apr 25, 2020
Welcome! BNP? Is that a bristle nose or bushy nose pleco? What temp is your tank? If you just have the 1 acara there are several fish that might be ok...Most rainbows get pretty big, I've only kept dwarf neon rainbows (meh). Diamond tetras?

A pic might help & we love to see!
It's a bristle nose, usually keep my tank around 78

Tunacat

Registered Member
Apr 25, 2020
Right now I am redoing my tank, waiting on my substrate to get delivered and soaking a nice piece of driftwood

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store