Electric Blue Jack Dempsey's worthless?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Dude this is an old thread. I remember this one from a couple years back. Why does this one keep coming back from the dead?
Because the EBJD strain will never die. We will not stop, We will not give up, We will prevail. We will get this Beautiful Cichlid to thrive.

I lost my first one in a 150gal tank not because of faulty gene's but because of a larger fish. My most expensive feeder yet at $20.

I have a 40B gal planted grow out that is still getting set up for my next 2 EBJD.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Because the EBJD strain will never die. We will not stop, We will not give up, We will prevail. We will get this Beautiful Cichlid to thrive.

I lost my first one in a 150gal tank not because of faulty gene's but because of a larger fish. My most expensive feeder yet at $20.

I have a 40B gal planted grow out that is still getting set up for my next 2 EBJD.
:iagree:

Lmao sounds like a movie intro.

Cichlid Wars: Return Of The EBJD

Anyway to be honest I think EBJD are starting the thrive even LFS strains are doing really good. But I saw how Petsmart suddenly carried them... :rant2: this is a major set back for people like me. Because new / cheap Hobbiest will go to petsmart and buy there fish about 60% of the time. When they see the bright blue fish in there well... The rest is history. No matter what goes on in the economic portion of the hobby I will still be working to breed strong healthy live stock of EBJD. Even if I have to sell my end product for .99! I will atleast be walking in Hollywood, Ormand, and the other great EBJD breeders footsteps. I am there legacy!! :hypnotized:

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yeah but it all depends where there stock is coming from Kyle. There stock may not be so good also there prices will make alot of people think twice about getting them. Also if they get to many returns of that fish the store will stop carrying them cuz its to big of a loss for the store and nobody likes dealing with dead $25+ dollar fish.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
True you have a valid point. Well once I get to the 3-4th strains of EBJD being produced I'll have some strong offspring. I have a good feeling by the summer times I'll have atleast 4-6 30 gallons drilled and a huge sump filtering them. And within those tanks you'll see EBJD everywhere. I really enjoy breeding them and the outcome so I'll continue this project for a long time.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I was gonna do a setup like that with some 20H's but I know nothing bout setting up sump filters so decided to not even try it.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
HAhaha went to home depot and asked what they thought.... They just looked at me like I was nuts.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Nano wrote:
Even if I have to sell my end product for .99!

Hey Nano if that's the case Bro put me down for 10 bucks worth LOL

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Haha well currently I can get away with selling them for 10$ my first batch 15$ my next and 20$ for every other batch then once they hit 4in I'll sell them for 10$ by the inch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store