Elena's Motorcyle Ride through Chernobyl

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by 125gJoe
Ok..

I'll bite....

What are the facts? What factual data was falsified?
"I would not normally bother to correct someone's silly Chornobyl fantasy. Indeed, correcting all the factual errors and falsehoods in "Ghost Town" would consume as much space as the Web site itself. But the motorcycle story was such an outrageous fiction that I thought the readers of e-Poshta should know.

Mary Mycio, J.D.

Legal Program Director
IREX U-Media
Shota Rustaveli St. 38b, No. 16
Kyiv 01023, Ukraine
Tel: (380-44) 220-6374, 228-6147
Fax: 227-7543"

scrubbs

AC Members
Dec 11, 2002
winnipeg
Visit site
regardless of what you believe, that site is interesting. Like you said slip, everyone can tell a story in the former soviet union. The collection of pictures is very cool, but hey, maybe those a fake too.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by scrubbs
The collection of pictures is very cool, but hey, maybe those a fake too.
the pictures are real. But be cautious about which ones were taken inside 'the zone' and which ones werent. There are also a couple pics that she didnt take at all.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by slipknottin

the pictures are real. ......... There are also a couple pics that she didnt take at all.
I thought she admitted some pics were taken by others. To me, that's a non-issue.

The basics of the "story" show how bad things went over there. It is a "ghost town" -- exacting facts or not.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
"I would not normally bother to correct someone's silly Chornobyl fantasy. "

Mary Mycio, J.D....

Kyiv, Ukraine"
Well, that's true isn't it? She didn't bother at all to give one "correction". Guess there are some that live in the Ukraine and say, come on over, no worries here, --look grass even grows there....

No one wants a nuke accident near them..

Downplay it.

What the heck, call it a "silly fantasy"...

:eek:

Last edited:

DeVitaf

Go Pats!!!
Apr 15, 2002
N. Providence, RI
My daughter has a weekly play date with a little girl that visit's her grandmother down the street from my house. The Grandmother is a Russion imigrant who left Russia 7 years ago. While the Grandmother was dropping her off yesterday I had the oportunity to ask her about Chernobyl. It was amazing to hear the incident recounted by somebody, in person, who was so closely affected.

She explained how the weather was unusually warm that week and how everybody had their children out playing while it happened. She talked about the government covering it up at first and discussed the building of the sarcophagus (sp). She told of many families who couldn't afford to leave and ended up staying and eventually dying. She wasn't near the dead zone but listening to her talk about it was amazing.

I think she enjoyed that I had some interest in her old country, and I enjoyed talking to her about it :).

scrubbs

AC Members
Dec 11, 2002
winnipeg
Visit site
a lot of those pictures are from inside the blast zone. I can read ukrainian and a lot of those pics are from teh towns inside the area.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

:confused: Shes talking about the motorcycle ride, not Cherynobyl itself.
Too bad the "motorcycle ride" bothers her so much. :D !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store