Emergency! Need urgent help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
My livebearers are extremly ill despite the treatment. I did aquarium salt treatment with 4 tablespoons per 20L.
Now I'm trying with eSHa 2000, before putting 2000 in I did about 60% water change with warm water straight from my tap and then dechlorinated the water and added the dose of eSHa 2000 in the tank, but before putting in the dose my juvenile female guppy started hanging out in top tank corners and my fish started gasping/breathing near the tank surface and then after I have put in the dose of 2000 fish are the same like before the treatments.

I did remove activated carbon from the filter and replaced it with mechanical white sponge that does not have any activated carbon in it.
There is high oxygenation in the tank with water surface moving.

Tank size is 15 gallons which is temporary, for treatment only.

My water hardness is 253ppm and so it is not harming my stock, neither is my pH (its above 7.0).
NItrite is 0ppm
Ammonia is 0ppm as well
NItrates are 5-10ppm

The fish came already ill from the stores.

I am willing to give them away for something else, maybe some tiger barbs, or a female betta sorority.
Need urgent help please..... I'm on edge already..

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
What are you treating for? What illness or symptoms?
juvenile female guppy started hanging out in top tank corners and my fish started gasping/breathing near the tank surface
[/QUOTE]

Hanging in tank corners has stopped, but from time to time I see my fish gasping at water surface, especially my molly.
I have used eSHa gdex and ndx, used salt afterwards and it didn't help either now I'm using eSHa 2000, but nothing's better.
I have not used these medicatios together ;)

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Esha 2000 is an ancient product, not very effective (and terrible for your seals) how long did you do the salt treatment? For how long have you had them?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Esha 2000 is an ancient product, not very effective (and terrible for your seals) how long did you do the salt treatment? For how long have you had them?
Got my molly (1st ever) who passed away, she was skinny and gasping and so it all has been going on for few months now.
I added 12 tablespoons of aquarium salt to my 60L tank and left it there for 2 weeks which didn't help at all.
I'm in the UK and so I cannot get general cure.
What should I do? Give them away?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Sorry I'm still a bit confused on the illness. Is it that some or all of the fish are gasping at the surface or is it gasping and they are getting thin?
Are the fish eating at all?

Any chance you can post some pics?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Sorry I'm still a bit confused on the illness. Is it that some or all of the fish are gasping at the surface or is it gasping and they are getting thin?
Are the fish eating at all?

Any chance you can post some pics?
I'm on my computer right now so I can't put in pictures :/ But they look normally and yeah, all fish gasp at waters surface.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Does your filter ripple the water at the surface? If not, see if you can adjust it so it does though if using a Hang on Back filter, you may need to lower the tank water level a little bit to get the water to splash a bit.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Does your filter ripple the water at the surface? If not, see if you can adjust it so it does though if using a Hang on Back filter, you may need to lower the tank water level a little bit to get the water to splash a bit.
Yeah, there is plenty of air and water movement but I still see my fish getting air from water's surface.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store