emersion question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Skillet_007

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2005
Alabama
I have some ludwigia. How do I go from submerged to emersed? Also, for any emersed plant I guess, do you need to keep up humidity and how do you that?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
It is possible. You need a terranium type of environment. Keep it misted with water.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
You can use a plastic tote and then use plastic wrap as a lid to retain moisture without blocking out too much light. Additional quality lighting is recommended, the type you would use on an aquarium. You can peel back the plastic wrap and mist the plants using a regular plant spritzer, leaving a couple of inches of water, high enough to cover the roots will be needed as well. The plants themselves can be retained in a pot to hold them upright since you won't have substrate to do that. Make sure the plant's roots stay submerged

An alternative method is to use a seed tray to hold the individual plants. You will still need lighting, a cover and moist conditions.

Skillet_007

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2005
Alabama
Ok, what if they are getting natural sunlight? The tanks are on my porch. They have shade and all but will be getting sun too.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
The key is keeping the humidity high enough with a cover, but keeping them cool at the same time so they are not cooked in the mean time. It will take some time for new growth, since terrestrial plants have a thicker cuticle to prevent moisture loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store