ever break a rod?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
when i was a little kid (like 6) when i was done fishing id throw my rod in the river. so i think i broke tons of rods.

jlieu

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
Bowling Green, KY
Lol. Never broke a rod before but came pretty close. On one boat trip, after hours of waiting, we struggled with something for a good 20 minutes (rod bending into basically parallel shape)...the line broke. Le sigh.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
no but when i was a kid and tired of fishing id throw my rod into the river.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
I had a bait caster with 20lb braid on it that got caught in a trolling motor, not the nice ones with the foot pedal. It was an old motor and the screw part that keeps the motor in place was basically worn out so you had to hold the motor while trolling. Well I turned the corner too sharp, caught my line, freaked out and lost control of the steering/speed handle, and still had my rod in hand. It took about 50yds of line off the reel before snapping the tip off my rod and I could get control of the motor. Then I spent the next 30 min trying to untangle the line from the motor. After several terrible cussing fits I finally got it all out. Not one of my finer moments.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
wow this is old. i didnt even realize i posted before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

doneCaretaker

Registered Member
Jul 24, 2012
it’s so funny! Quite nice to see the snapping rod, Fishing is fun and as a hobby it brings me great joy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store