ever heard of "BAUSMAN TROPICAL FISH TONIC"?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Killiesrcool

Registered Member
Jun 8, 2017
Grosse Pointe Park, MI
Real Name
Scott
Interesting thread. Wet Thumb Aquatics was run by Dewey and Dolores Schehr from New Baltimore, MI. Delores had 300-400 tanks in a pole barn on her facility and bred every cichlid imaginable. She was a pioneer in the Detroit hobby for years. You could find Dicrossus species breeding in her tanks when they weren't known. Great place, sad website. That said, the Schehrs have passed away and Wet Thumb is no longer.

I was reading this thread because I finally ran out of Fluke Tabs, which I used for hydra in my killie fry tanks. When you feed exclusively live food, and much of it live baby brine shrimp, the hydra threat is ever present. I lost some ogoense fry after a bad hydra outbreak recently. I'm going to try this, seems fairly tame, in comparison to Clout, or other nuclear options.

pashley

Registered Member
Apr 3, 2009
actually i have used this when Wet Thumb was still up and running. the stuff works awesome. i had a bad case of hydra in my 500 gallon tank and i got a 5lb. bag and treated it once. they were gone the next day, if i recall. did a water change and all was good.

Windy Hollow

Registered Member
Feb 22, 2019
Frystown Pa.
Real Name
Charles
Camera Used
olympus
actually i have used this when Wet Thumb was still up and running. the stuff works awesome. i had a bad case of hydra in my 500 gallon tank and i got a 5lb. bag and treated it once. they were gone the next day, if i recall. did a water change and all was good.
I used Bausman's Tonic about 30 years ago, it gave me the most beautiful Guppies I have ever seen before or since. I have tried to find it everywhere but can't. Does anyone know exactly what the ingredients were? I would add it to my tanks after a water change and you could actually see the fish just perk up and show off their beauty. My Guppies were absolutely stunning. They were German Half Blacks with an iridescent blue dorsal it was long and flowing. They had a blood red tail also long wide and flowing. They measured from nose to tail 3 to 4 inches both male and female, and their girth was unheard of. I attributed all that to the Bausman's.

Windy Hollow

Registered Member
Feb 22, 2019
Frystown Pa.
Real Name
Charles
Camera Used
olympus
Many years ago I bred and raised some of the most Beautiful Fancy Guppies I started out with Iridescent blue tailed German Half black females and Blood red tail Male Fancies. What I got was the most Beautiful and the largest Fancy Guppies that I ever saw. They were very large with a blood red very wide tail, They had a iridescent Blue Dorsal fin that was very long flowing and a coal Black body. When I added Bausman's Tonic to the water they just fanned out their finnage like they were saying "LOOK AT ME"! That stuff was amazing and I think that it helped to make them look amazing. I would love to find some or find the recipe with the ingredient's and dosage.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
They went out of business. For a while you could buy it on Amazon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store