-Evil molly fish-

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I always take a dremel to the hole and soften it up; any broken edges, too. Worked wonders for my breeding kribs before that apocalyptic failure. There's an attachment for clay and soft rock you can get for cheap at Home Depot if you have a dremel on hand, or they might just let you rent one out for a few bucks. My betta just sort of stared at the pots and never went in, funnily enough, even in her own hospice 5g...I think she was an idiot, though.

THE REAL advice here is too center-out the tank regarding decor and plants, creating breaks in lines of sight, and adding more mid-level hiding areas in addition to ground level rocks and caves and such. Floating and mid-level plants attached to decor and such go a VERY long way in this aspect. I also find that non-toxic pvc tubes make great floating respites when held in place by floating plants and driftwood, etc.. I'll take a pic of mine later once I wake the buggers up. My gourami practically lives in his tube, as it is easier for him to get food and air while not being bothered. Just my $.02 :)

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
I forgot to mention that before I put the Terra cotta pot in, I sand-papered it. Does that make it safer?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
We still do not know how big is your tank.

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Oh tank size is 20l

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Does that make any difference? Is my tank too small?

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
Is your molly still aggressively picking on tankmates? If so, then you either need to break up "line of sight" so the other fish can hide better, or your tank might be too small to allow the other fish to escape being constantly picked on.

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Well, what I think is that she just needs time to adjust with them. She has known my betta the longest and doesn't pick on her any more. But yes, she is still picking on the rest of the group.

mrmujtaba07

AC Members
May 16, 2019
I agree with you but if you have more male fishes in the tank then it seems true, Actually male mollies are aggressive in nature to maintain a fixed good ratio in the tank.
I would like to recommend you to keep one male fishes with 3 to 4 female mollies so you will have a happy tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store