External canister filters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dwarfgourami7

Steve the angelfish
Nov 13, 2006
England! uk
quieter than internal filters? I want an external but the tanks in my room so it has to be quiet. Im intrested in the fluval --5 series for my 30 gallon.

amosf

Border Collie Nut!
Nov 25, 2004
Australia Mate!
bcs4me.com
People seem to have a thing for noise... But anyway, I'm in a rural area in the middle of nowhere and it's real quiet. I have 4 cheap canisters running in the room and can't hear them unless I stick my ear on them...

maronov

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
New York, NY
I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I have a external power filter with a Bio-Wheel and it makes absolutely no noise unless the water level is low and the water flowing back into the tank splashes.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
If you want quiet then go with an eheim. They are more money but they are super silent and the most reliable and best built filter on the market. Thier performance is outstanding. With a 30 gallon tank you could do one of the filters in the eheim classic series; either the eheim classic 2213 or the eheim 2215. Once you have an eheim you will never look back.

Marinemom

TimmyB42386

PO'd Crawdad
Dec 15, 2006
New Jersey
Ehiem are really good products... if your not loaded I have good luck with Rena xp2's and xp's 3

jedoubblese

my tank is cleaner than your tank
Dec 17, 2006
Seattle and boise idaho
i have several cascades and some ehiems and they are totally quiet unless like said above the water levels drop and the out put is splashing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store