Facebook group

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Why don’t we have one? It would get way more traffic then the forum.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
We would all have to reveal real names ?

Oh, and advertising revenue, and there are plenty of groups already.

But,I expect you could set one up and just post a link, see who joined?

Reactions: dudley and Sprinkle

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Because then we would have double the complaints.

(I'm kidding)

• Haha
Reactions: Sprinkle

SantaMonica

AC Members
Some forums use FB just to post the topic of the day, which lets new people find it there, and then click to go to the forum. It's a good way to reach new people who don't even know forums exist.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Anybody who is still active here doesn't care about AC being on social media. If FB was that important to them, they would long ago left here for there.

I do not use social media and am not registered on any of it. But I am more concerned with my privacy than most. So I still visit dying sites and will until they all disappear or I do.

Here is what I do know. If I search my real name on Gpoole, there is nothing beyond those stupid sites which claim they give you lots of info on people- if you pay. They show me having lived in places i never have on the minimal stuff they offer to lure you in. They show public information I cannot and do not try to keep private. On the other hand if you search my screen name you will get 1,000s of hits.

FB is where information goes to die as far as I am concerned and the main function of Twitter is to empower idiots. Things would be very different if I were not retired or if I had a business. Then I would use social media for it's primary purpose, making money. I still sell my fish via word of mouth and a few fish sties that are still active.

For me all of this is OK. In another couple of years I will have no tanks and will have no need for fish sites except to help others should I wish to continue doing so. As a final note. I do not even own a smart phone. My flip phone is only used for voice and I do not and have never texted. Folks think this is strange. But then they do not remember McCarthyism. If he had the internet back then......

• Love
Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store