Fav. salt mix?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

whyzee250

AC Members
Aug 17, 2005
Salida, CA
I have a new tank (3 months) and have been using Instant Ocean. Since I'm new to this should I be using a salt that has buffers in it to help stabilize my pH?

What do you guys/girls use, and why?

SumTinsFishy

Vampire Pleco??
Nov 3, 2009
Fennville, Michigan
Real Name
Joel
BIO-SEA Marine Mix. Usually a little harder to find locally. You will get a lot of different opinions. No Manufactured salt is perfect, but most good salts do the job just fine

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I use Reef Crystals and have for almost 4 years now. Despite several complaints last year about inconsistant batches / bad batches, I've not run into any problems. I chose Reef Crystals because of how readily available it was when I first started out. It's worked well for me, so I haven't had a reason to change to anything different.

Miss my puffer

AC Members
Oct 26, 2003
michigan
Visit site
I agree with Amph, whatever is on sale. Normally Red Sea Pro, Oceanic, or Seachem Reef Salt. I usually order online since the local stores make it cheaper to buy a bucket of gold (normally $20 more to buy locally even after shipping).

tidioute06

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I agree with Amph, whatever is on sale. Normally Red Sea Pro, Oceanic, or Seachem Reef Salt. I usually order online since the local stores make it cheaper to buy a bucket of gold (normally $20 more to buy locally even after shipping).
What online stores do you use the most?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store