Favorite fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
P.Altum

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
My Pickerel:

IMG_20120228_173058.jpg

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Vanillarum, i have to aay that is yhe most amazibg pleco ive seen. But i bet its too expensive for me to own but its gorgeous. Like i said before, i love neons but i also adored my redtail barracuda before i rehomed him. Its amazing how the redtail barracuda was. Id plop in a feeder fish and bam the cuda had it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have to say my favorite fish have to be my angelfish, rams and clown pleco.

I had this angelfish for a few years now, and still going, I believe she's about 4 years old now. First cichlid I owned.
IMG_1030.JPG

I have two of these guys, these guys are fearless and come to the surface of my tank to eat.
IMG_1022.JPG

Since I gpt driftwood in my tank, he comes out a lot more. I love the small size of the Clown pleco.
IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG IMG_1030.JPG IMG_1044.JPG

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Probably Pterois Volitans-Volitan Lionfish. I would have one in my 75 gallon SW if they were reef safe.

For FW I am a big fan of blackskirt tetras. They are hardy, cool to watch, and they look awesome.

I also like mosquito fish a lot. They are extremely hardy, "breed" easy, and interact with other fish well. I currently have several juveniles in my 10 gallon FW, and 2 in my 75 gallon SW reef.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Hey Ptrick i actually followed your 75gal saltwater thread and i gotta say i wish i had the money to go saltwater. But the lionfish is a cool fish but it would even cooler if it were reefsafe

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Hey Ptrick i actually followed your 75gal saltwater thread and i gotta say i wish i had the money to go saltwater. But the lionfish is a cool fish but it would even cooler if it were reefsafe

It took me all summer to save up :) It was worth it, there is only 1 lionfish that I would think that has a possibility of being reef safe, the fu manchu lionfish. They stay very small, and tend to not be as aggressive. Fu Manchu's are actually a very beautiful fish.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/lionfish/FuManchu.php

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Probably Pterois Volitans-Volitan Lionfish. I would have one in my 75 gallon SW if they were reef safe.

For FW I am a big fan of blackskirt tetras. They are hardy, cool to watch, and they look awesome.

I also like mosquito fish a lot. They are extremely hardy, "breed" easy, and interact with other fish well. I currently have several juveniles in my 10 gallon FW, and 2 in my 75 gallon SW reef.

Strictly speaking,Volitans are reef safe. They ignore sessile inverts like corals, will leave your snails alone and probably even your hermits if you keep the Lion well fed. Any other fish which fit in its mouth are another story!

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
Boraras Briggitae, Pseudomugil gertrudae, and German Blue rams are my faves

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
my ghost ribbon eel in my saltwater tank. i have him trained to hand feed and hes always sticking his head out watching me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store