feather duster question?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chief_T

AC Members
Mar 17, 2012
hey guys i know the picture is impossible to see it but i saw a feather duster in this hole and i am almost 100% positive it is a feather duster but its inside the hole and i was wondering if it will ever move i want to be able to see it so what do you guys think

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
In a nutshell: "They don't get around much".

It appears to have set up camp in a hole in that larger piece of rock, and the only way you'll be able to get it out of there without damaging it would be to cut a chunk out that contains his entire tube. It looks like it has some really neat colors, and I wouldn't even consider removing it myself, judging from the rock that it's in.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
It won't move. It has a secure home. If it had formed its tube out in the open it may move, but inside a rock is the perfect home.

On the good side, they usually reproduce in the tank. So as long as no one enjoys eating feather dusters you should get more.

Chief_T

AC Members
Mar 17, 2012
Okay thanks for the answers guys yeah I dont want to cut the rock so I will just leave him be there is a few more of those tubes on some other rocks could those be some also that I just haven't seen come out yet? Or could they just be dead ones? I hope they reproduce because they are awesome haha

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
They are really neat. The smaller ones like yours seem to be pretty tough and come in a few different colors that I've seen. I've gone to LFS and bought smaller run-of-the-mill corals because of a neat duster like yours attached to it. But from my experience, the bigger the feather duster, the less likely they are to reproduce. The really little white ones that some folks get in near plague numbers are the only ones I've seen reproduce in a home aquarium. But you never know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store