Feeding frozen bloodworms

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

delmore

AC Members
Dec 2, 2001
New Jersey
www.uaru-forum.com
How do you feed frozen bloodworms to your fish?

*drop a chunk in and let it melt?
*thaw it in a bit of tank water, then pour it in the tank?
*the above but pick out the bw with a chopstick?
*some other method?

I feed frozen bloodworms to my wild bettas by thawing a small chunk in a bit of tank water, then using a chopstick feed a few at a time.

I'm curious what method you use.

thanks!

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
when i feed frozen foods i let it thaw in a plastic cup. I then drain off the juice and add some tank water to it(that way the bad juice isn't polluting my tank).

I use a eye dropper to feed my blood worms.I suck them up and can feed more precisely.That way i can add jsut the right amount of food wihtout having left overs all over the tank. My fish now recognize that when i stick the eye dropper in they get food,so they all swim over and peck at the eye dropper.

This method also works well for feeding fry.I started out jsut using the eye dropper to feed my fry but figured it worked so well why not try it on my other tanks.

ps: What ever you decide to do i have heard that feeding the frozen foods stick frozen in the chunk is bad. I dont' exactly know why but i guess eating still frozen foods can't be good for their tummies:p

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I let the Bloodworms thaw on a paper towel. I think if the liquid gets in the tank, this might promote the growth of the dreaded 'blue-green algae'.

When they are thawed, we use a toothpick to scatter them on top of the tank. We try not to feed globs of the Bloodworms since the more aggressive fish will end up eating the most..

I will thaw any frozen fish foods before feeding..

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
I put a cube in a little bathroom paper cup of tank water to thaw. I leave for it in there for about 10 minutes or so, then dump everything in. No problems in the months and months I've been doing it.

TomFromStLouis

I am a god to my angels
Feb 26, 2003
St. Louis MO USA
Visit site
I just dump in one or two cubes. I have 8 hungry angels, so nothing gets wasted. In your case, it seems your approach makes sense.

ps - I use my plant forceps so I never have to touch them. I definitely had reactions when I did touch them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store